Новости :) (Зарубежного мира)

Postby breeze » 08 Jun 2009, 21:22

Как не странно, но иностранные друзья периодически присылают различные новости из мира заграничного, но поскольку новостных ресурсов я не админю, а форум (не называемый) на ремонте на не определённый срок, если народ не против, я буду делиться информацией тут:

Итак первое письмо от известного польского музыканта Mr.Beep. Известен он своей замечательной музыкой на бипере. Как ясно из письма, у Mr.Beep вышел альбом "BHQ001 MISTER BEEP - Monophonic Generator". Скачать и узнать подробности можно из письма:

Hello there.

Berlin Micromusic HQ has published my chiptune-album.
The EP contains ZX Spectrum 48K versions of famous in my country (and supposedly not only) electronic music songs from artists like
Tangerine Dream
Kraftwerk
Vangelis
Marek Bilinski
and one my song (as a bonus) in style of another classic electronic band - LaserDance.
Also you can find here one more bonus track made by Factor6.
I added a cover of Amiga 500 famous artist SLL too because back in the days I was listening Amiga music as much as regular electronic music artist. :) Ah, beautiful times. :)

The album is downloadable here: http://berlin_hq.micromusic.net/bhack.html

*******************Tracklist & soft used:*******************

01. Mister Beep - Ohm Sweet Ohm (Kraftwerk)
Sintetizador De Voz and Orfeus Music Assembler
3 channels of sound (2 tones plus drums). The editor has several envelopes, also I often use two the same (or two slightly different) tones simultaneously to obtain more interesting instruments. Sometimes it's really hard to do. :)

02. Mister Beep - Alpha (Vangelis)
Sonido 48K and The Music Box
It has 2 channels of sound at most but I used to say that songs made on "Music Box" have only 1,5 of channel. :) It's because when tones play then you have 2 chnls, but when drums are playing - nothing more can, so then it's only 1 chnl. That's why actually the tune has not full 2 channels of sound. ;) Like I said before, making such music reminds me embroidering a tapestry or a carpet: you must put sounds among lonely drums. ;) Kind of back-breaking work but can be done. ;) Also, to achieve delay and reverb effect that you can notice (it's normally impossible on this editor) I put two the same tones simultaneously which gives me 2 levels of volume and better depth of sound.

03. Mister Beep - Logos Part 1 (Tangerine Dream)
Synthesizer KX-5 and Orfeus Music Assembler
3 channels of sound (2 tones plus drums). As I wrote above, the editor has several envelopes, also I often use two the same (or two slightly different) tones simultaneously to obtain more interesting instruments. Also in this way I can achieve delay effect (with 2 levels of volume).

04. Mister Beep - Dom w Dolinie Mgiel (Marek Bilinski)
Sonido 48K and The Music Studio
It has 2 channels but here drums can work along with one channel of tones which makes the work a little bit easier. Also I still can use tricks described above (with 2 levels of volume and additional envelopes).

05. Mister Beep - Kometenmelodie 2 (Kraftwerk)
Sonido 48K and Orfeus Music Assembler
3 channels of sound (2 tones plus drums). Rest like above.

06. Mister Beep - Ucieczka z tropiku (Marek Bilinski)
NoiseFX Machine Code Sound Effects and ZX-7 Polyphonic Musical Instrument
This is an 8-channels engine although this time I used not more than 6 voices (I didn't feel like I needed all powers here). It has only tones, no drums. Drums can be done by some special tricks but then sound might be kinda noisy, so I resigned this time.

07. Mister Beep - SLL3 (SLL)
Orfeus Music Assembler
3 channels of sound (2 tones plus drums). Really hard additional work with mixing tones (like I described above) to get this typical "fluent" Spectrum48 sound which I like the most from 80s games. :)

08. Factor6 - The Robots (Kraftwerk) /BONUS TRACK/
Hlas and The Music Studio
2 channels, where drums can work along with one channel of tones.

09. Mister Beep - Cosmic Escape /BONUS TRACK/
Sample Tracker 2.0 and GarageBEEP
The only MOD-like music here. 3 channels of fully digital sound. All samples must fit in about 35Kb of RAM. :) But can be done. ;) The chiptune-intro has been made on GarageBEEP 1-channel editor, for really hardcore fans of Speccy48 music (1 channel, square wave only ;) ).

Also I used several sound-synthesizers and speech synthesizers for intros of these songs. They force Z80 to really hard work. ;)

Cover-art picture has been made by me. It isn't any cool one but I consider it suitable to the album.

I do hope you like the production, at least as a break among 4-bit, 8-bit and 16-bit chiptune/micromusic releases. ;)

Kind regards,
MISTER BEEP
Last edited by breeze on 08 Jun 2009, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
breeze

Group: Registered users

Postby breeze » 08 Jun 2009, 21:37

Вторая новость от не менее известного человека, это YERZMYEY/H-PRG, на этот раз он приглашает принять участие в необычном компо - "Stupid compo for ZX Spectrum graphic (53 colours, low-res)". Не менее известная личность Gasman/H-PRG написал для этого целый редактор ;) можно проявить своё творчество в рисовании атрибутами и выслать работу на конкурс, если интересно как это сделать, читаем ниже:

Hello.

There will be a small stupid gfx-compo for ZX Spectrum with a graphic mode: 32*24 resolution and 53 colours.

If You would be interested in making a small picture and send us, You should use this on-line editor: "CHUNKYPAINT" http://chunkypaint.zxdemo.org/ made kindly by Gasman/H-PRG.

Probably You should use Mozilla Firefox rather than Internet Explorer, to draw Your picture, because we noticed the editor doesn't like IE somehow. It hasn't been tested on other browsers but should work OK.

It's rather kind of joke compo because low-res is radical but on the other hand - You have many colours to use, so low resolution shound't be SUCH a problem. ;)

Among work sessions You can use "SAVE" and "LOAD" buttons and copy/paste the digits' lines (raw data for the editor).
But when You finish Your picture then You must use "Export to TAP" and "Export to BMP" (change extentions into TAP and BMP!!) and send Your picture in these TWO formats to me ( yerzmyey AT interia.pl ).
And let me repeat: if the picture could enter the compo it *MUST* be sent to me in *TWO* versions exported from the Chunkypaint - TAP and BMP.

One pic for one author.

The deadline would be in 15 August 2009.

Any questions? Write to me: yerzmyey AT interia.pl

Best wishes,
YERZMYEY/H-PRG
Last edited by breeze on 08 Jun 2009, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
breeze

Postby krb » 08 Jun 2009, 22:45

есть мнение, что мр.бипер и ерз это один и тот-же человек smile
мои смешные звуки избавят вас от скуки
krb
дядька

Postby krb » 08 Jun 2009, 22:46

есть мнение, что мр.бипер и ерз это один и тот-же человек smile
krb
дядька

Postby breeze » 08 Jun 2009, 23:23

krb wrote:есть мнение, что мр.бипер и ерз это один и тот-же человек

гы smile ну не знаю wink я не думаю что Yerz, будет страдать фигнёй, хотя конечно фиг его знает... впрочем я думаю можно спросить smile
breeze

Postby krb » 08 Jun 2009, 23:41

во, сваял шедевр в ихнем едиторе, под названием "синегал"
krb
дядька

Postby breeze » 08 Jun 2009, 23:49

krb wrote:во, сваял шедевр

отсылай на компо smile
breeze